Did someone say Pumpkin?! It’s November 1st and I can’t think of a better day to make moist Pumpkin Streusel Muffins! I have to admit, I never thought I would be a fan of pumpkin. I didn’t grow up eating it and I was never curious about it. How did I become a fan? My husband brought home some pumpkin bread from a wholesale club and convinced me to taste it. Needless to say, I became an instant fan! There are a lot of variations you can make. I like to add chocolate chips to mine, but today I will keep it simple.
A few notes before we begin.
1. Make your streusel topping FIRST. (You will thank me later!)
2. Cold ingredients should be brought to room temperature. Everything mixes better that way.
3. Spoon flour into measuring cup & level off. If you scoop flour out with the measuring cup & level it off, it will be very compact & you will have more flour than you need. Your result will be a very dense muffin.
4. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl & lightly whisk.
5. Don’t over mix…..just stir until combined.
6. If you are a lover of pumpkin pie spice, use it instead of cinnamon.
7. Streusel will be hard when muffins come out the oven. Storing in an air tight container will soften the streusel & keep everything moist!
8. Muffins are ALWAYS better the next day when the flavors have had time to marry!
You can add chocolate chips, nuts, coconut, raisins etc. Just stir in after batter is mixed!
Now let’s get started making these delicious muffins!
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Cinnamon Glaze
- 1 1/4 c. All purpose flour
- 1/3 c. Light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 stick melted butter Combine ingredients with a fork. Mixture will be crumbly. Set aside.
- 1 3/4 c. All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Granulated sugar
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin purée
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tblsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 paper liners & nonstick spray.
In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, & nutmeg. Lightly whisk together.
In another bowl combine eggs, oil, vanilla, granulated sugar, brown sugar, & pumpkin puree. Use whisk to mix ingredients,. Once combined, pour dry ingredients in with wet ingredients. Use a spatula to mix thoroughly. one combined fold in any add-ins (chocolate chips, nuts..etc).
Scoop equal amounts of batter into each liner. Bake on center rack in oven for 20-25 minutes. Insert a tooth pick in center of muffin, if it comes out clean, the muffins are done! Cool completely.
Prepare glaze by mixing all ingredients together. Drizzle over muffins & enjoy!